While there are numerous well-known ways to enhance your physical and mental well-being, like exercise, meditation, therapy, eating healthy, and spending time with friends and family, most people don’t know that you can implement other minor changes to shift your mood positively.
One such tiny change is harmonizing the spaces you work and live in; doing so can have a massive difference in your overall well-being. Below we look at a few of these methods and how they impact your health.
Bringing in Sunlight
Take a moment to think about how you feel every time you walk outside on a bright sunny day. A few minutes in the sun can give you a sense of serenity and calmness.
Tracy Nathanson, a leading scientist on mind and body therapy, explains that spending time in the sun helps increase Vitamin D production and regulates sleep by managing melatonin levels.
Tracy further states that continued sunlight exposure boosts the production of the serotonin hormone, which is also called the mood-lifting hormone.
Conversely, when you don’t get adequate natural light, it can result in sleep and psychological issues, plus depressive symptoms.
Don Vaughn, a lead neuroscientist at UCLA’s psychology department, says light exposure is critical for productivity. Mr. Vaughn cited a recent study that found employees working in an office without windows had higher stress and depression levels than those without a window.
How to add light to your space
- Shift your work area close to a window.
- Pull back the curtains of your home during the day and only use blinds that aren’t too restrictive.
- Add a few bright lights if you can get close to a window, but be sure to check that the lights don’t affect your eyesight.
Clutter can negatively impact your mental state in numerous ways. For example, clutter makes it challenging to find items fast, which can generate feelings of embarrassment, get you distracted, and be weighed down.
On the other hand, decluttering harmonizes your space and makes you feel more confident, reduces stress, and increases overall productivity.
How to remove clutter
- Look around your office or home and remove all items you no longer use. If the task feels overwhelming, start by going through a drawer daily.
- Place all items in their exact position; disorganized spaces negatively alter your mood and can lead to stress.
Using electromagnetic frequency (EMF) protection devices
Electromagnetic frequencies are all around us, and they can cause severe health problems like chronic headaches, dizziness, sleep disturbance, and memory loss.
Using an EMF blocker to harmonize your spaces, you avoid such issues and ensure your family stays healthy, more so if one of them has EMF sensitivity.
How to protect against EMFs
- Use more wired products instead of going wireless.
- Turn off the wife when it’s not in use.
- Avoid direct contact with EMF-producing devices such as computers, phones, etc.
- Consider Quantum Upgrade to create a positive, energetic environment in your spaces. The energy can also provide quantum healing and will enable you to reach your potential.
Studies have found that plants aren’t only visually pleasing and can help lower stress and other mental issues like depression. For example, a 2015 report concluded that indoor workplace plants make you feel calmer and less prone to experiencing stress. Also, some studies indicate that plants can heighten your concentration levels and make you more productive.
How to add plants to your space
It’s preferable to choose low-maintenance plants, including:
- Bamboo palm
- Aloe vera
- Snake plant
If you aren’t a fan of plants, feel free to add a few earthy elements to your spaces. For example, glass vases, mineral gemstones, luxurious and soft textiles, metal, wood, etc.
Earthy elements will harmonize your environment and make it feel welcoming.
You spend most of your time in two spaces at the office or home, and harmonizing these two positively impacts your overall well-being.
Some of the above mentioned changes are inexpensive and simple, but their impact will shock you. Set aside some time to brainstorm on ways you can implement them. Remember, you only need a few harmonizing techniques, and you’re all set.